164 of 675 non-certified tech skills changed cash market value from January 1, 2023 to April 1, 2023 compared to 204 of 663 skills in the prior calendar quarter. The average cash pay premium declined last quarter but still showed a gain of 0.3 percent and 1.5 percent over the past 12 and 24 months respectively. Despite this lackluster performance this past quarter, the current average cash pay premium bonus for a single skill is the equivalent of 9.6 percent of base salary which is considerably higher than the average pay premium for IT certifications.
Average market value for 606 IT certifications increased slightly in the first quarter of 2023, up 0.2 percent, the third quarterly gain in the past twelve months. The current average cash pay premium for a single IT certification is the equivalent of 6.6 percent of base salary.
This according to the latest quarterly update of Foote Partners’ IT Skills and Certifications Pay IndexTM (ITSCPI) based on compensation data provided by 4,173 private and public-sector employers in 83 U.S. and Canadian cities who partner with our firm to report pay for their 382,860 technology professionals in the U.S. and Canada.
Click to download complete Press Release
QUESTIONS ANSWERED BY THIS NEWS RELEASE
Among cash pay premiums earned by tech workers for 595 IT certifications and 675 non-certified IT skills:
- Which 25 IT certifications are leading a resurgence in certs cash pay premium growth
- Which 34 IT certifications are dragging down overall pay gains, and will they continue to lose market value?
- Which 46 certifications have gained 10% or more in market value in the last three months?
- Which 28 non-certified IT skills are earning premiums well above-average and still growing in market value?
- Which 34 non-certified IT skills gained 10% or more in market value in the last three months?
- Which IT certifications and non-certified skills are earning the highest cash pay premiums right now?
- 23-year pay performance chart comparing 1,286 certified v. noncertified skills
- Latest quarterly update of the IT Skills & Certifications Pay Volatility Index analyzing quarterly pay volatility in skills demand