204 of 663 non-certified tech skills changed cash market value from October 1, 2022 to January 1, 2023 compared to 173 and 201 skills in the prior two calendar quarters. The average cash pay premium remained unchanged last quarter for a total 2.2 percent growth for the 2022 year.
Unlike non-certified skill pay, the average cash premium for 585 tech certifications increased both in the most recent quarter(up 0.1 percent) but has lost an average 1.1 percent market value for the 2022 year. Only security certifications and beginner/training certifications gained value in the fourth quarter, and applications development certifications is the only category to gain over the entire year.
QUESTIONS ANSWERED BY THIS NEWS RELEASE
Among cash pay premiums earned by tech workers for 555 IT certifications:
- Which 23 IT certifications are leading a resurgence in certs cash pay premium growth
- Which 34 IT certifications are dragging down overall pay gains, and will they continue to lose market value?
- Which 38 certifications have gained 10% or more in market value in the last three months?
- Which 27 non-certified IT skills are earning premiums well above-average and still growing in market value?
- Which 61 non-certified IT skills gained 10% or more in market value in the last three months?
- Which IT certifications and non-certified skills are earning the highest cash pay premiums right now?
- 22-year pay performance chart comparing 1,270 certified v. noncertified skills
- Latest quarterly update of the IT Skills & Certifications Pay Volatility Indexanalyzing quarterly pay volatility in skills demand